Deadline further extended until March 15, 2022.
As Ontario moves forward in the recovery, we must continue to follow public health guidance and adapt our protocols accordingly.
The Governments are providing financial support to help farmers and agri-food workplaces manage and identify transmission risks to protect their workforces.
Through Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS), farmers and agri-food businesses can access professional advice and consulting services to help them with their COVID-19 recovery needs. Your workplace may be eligible for up to $2,000 of services tailored to your needs (paid for by the Canadian Agricultural Partnership).
The following workplaces are eligible:
- Employers, farm sector organizations and farm associations
- Provincially licensed meat plants
- Other food processors who employ 1-49 employees
Please reach out to WSPS by:
- Telephone: 1-877-494-9777 to speak with a customer service representative
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How WSPS can assist:
- Written COVID-19 workplace safety plans
- Complimentary resources available at wsps.ca, including sample Safety Plans
- Assessing the workplace hazards and providing recommendations
- Review of controls and protocols related to preventing transmission of COVID-19
- How to support worker mental health
Also, a new online COVID‐19 safety plan builder can be found at Ontario.ca/COVIDSafety, along with the existing safety plan guide and other helpful resources. The interactive platform can be used to develop custom COVID‐19 safety plans.
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a five-year investment by governments to encourage innovation, competitiveness and sustainability in Canada's agriculture industry.