2022 in review: the top 10 eNews articles of the year
As 2022 draws to a close, here’s a round-up of the 10 most popular eNews articles of the year.
We hope these articles will help you as you continue to enhance your workplace health and safety program to protect workers and keep your business thriving. Thank you for reading and Happy New Year!
- 5 de-escalation tips when responding to agitated customers
Having the skills to de-escalate a potentially violent situation has never been more important. These tips can help you achieve the best possible outcome.
- Q&A with Monte McNaughton on Ontario's new disconnecting from work policy
As of June 2, workplaces with 25+ employees must implement a policy on disconnecting from work. Ontario's Minister of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development explains how workers and employers will benefit.
- 7 things to know ahead of the new naloxone kit requirement
A legislative amendment may soon require naloxone kits where workers are at risk of an overdose. Introducing a kit now could save an employee or customer's life.
Update: The Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills announced that on June 1, 2023, at-risk employers will be required by legislation to ensure their workplaces have life-saving naloxone kits and workers are trained on how to use them. January's eNews will feature an article outlining the impact of this announcement on Ontario employers.
- Quiet quitting: why it happens and 6 ways to prevent it
Find out why employees quietly quit and what you can do to keep them motivated and engaged.
- Employers take note: Company fined $125,000 for failing to comply with the OHSA
Compliance failures at every level of the organization led to the hospitalization of three workers with COVID-19. One died.
- Feeling the labour market pinch? 6 tips to retain staff
How do you ensure your best employees stick around during a labour shortage? Keep them engaged, says Leena Paul, WSPS Account Manager.
- New COVID guidelines, plus 6 tips to stop the spread of respiratory illness
We've experienced soaring cases of COVID, flu and colds this year. Learn how to keep your workers safe and your business running smoothly.
- Perform a hazard assessment to make your business safer: a step-by-step guide
When your employees arrive at work, are they aware of the hazards around them? Find out how to assess and control hazards in your business to keep your workers safe.
- A conversation with Ontario's Chief Prevention Officer
Dr. Joel Moody is tasked with implementing Ontario's new 5-year health and safety strategy. Find out what's in the strategy and how it came about.
- Ladder safety: prevent injuries with this free downloadable guideline
Over 95% of all workplace incidents involving portable ladders result from unsafe acts. WSPS' new guideline offers essential tips on how to keep your employees safe.