Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses, plus 14 days) is required when visiting select settings in Ontario. On October 15, the Ontario Government launched the following tools to assist vaccination verification:
Verify Ontario app
- Available for download from Apple or Google Play stores.
- Designed to help businesses efficiently confirm a person’s vaccination status. The app scans/reads official government issued QR codes, such as Ontario’s enhanced QR code vaccine certificate and those SMART Health Codes from other provinces, including Quebec, British Columbia and Yukon Territory.
- This free app can be used with or without an internet connection.
Enhanced QR code vaccine certificate
- Rolling out in phases (based on month of birth), all Ontarians can download their enhanced vaccine certificate with personalized QR code from the province’s COVID-19 vaccination portal or by calling the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre (1-833-943-3900).
- An electronic version can be stored on a phone or printed; businesses will need to accept both. Current vaccine receipts with the QR code remain valid.
- Displaying minimal personal information, the enhanced vaccine certificate provides a safe and efficient way to provide one’s vaccination status when required.
Updated regulations and guidance for businesses to support the implementation of the enhanced vaccine certificate with a QR code and the Verify Ontario app are also available.
An FAQ document has also been made available.
Find out more