Agri-food businesses have been diligent and flexible in adapting to COVID-19. As Ontario moves forward in the recovery, we must continue to follow public health guidance and adapt our protocols accordingly.
The Governments are providing financial support to help farmers and agri-food workplaces manage and identify transmission risks to protect their workforces from COVID-19.
Through Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS), farmers and agri-food businesses can access professional advice and consulting services to help them with their COVID-19 needs. Your workplace may be eligible for two days of services tailored to your needs (worth $2,000 - paid for by the Canadian Agricultural Partnership). Available until February 28, 2022.
The following workplaces are eligible:
- Employers, farm sector organizations and farm associations
- Provincially licensed meat plants
- Other food processors who employ 1-49 employees
Please reach out to WSPS by:
- Telephone: 1-877-494-9777 to speak with a customer service representative
- E-mail: email@example.com
How WSPS can assist:
- Written COVID-19 workplace safety plans
- Complimentary resources available at wsps.ca, including sample Safety Plans
- COVID-19 response checklist
- COVID-19 response gap analysis
- COVID-19 response program development
- COVID-19 response policy and ;procedure development and training
- Assessing the workplace hazards related to COVID-19 and providing recommendations
- Review of controls and protocols related to preventing transmission of COVID-19
- How to support worker mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Managing COVID-19 in shared accommodation
Also, a new online COVID‐19 safety plan builder can be found at Ontario.ca/COVIDSafety, along with the existing safety plan guide and other helpful resources. The interactive platform can be used to develop custom COVID‐19 safety plans.
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a five-year investment by governments to encourage innovation, competitiveness and sustainability in Canada's agriculture industry.