Effective Sunday, December 19, 2021:
- A 50% capacity limit is being applied to the following indoor public settings:
- Restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishments and strip clubs.
- Personal care services.
- Retailers (including grocery stores and pharmacies) and shopping malls
- Non-spectator areas of facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities (e.g. gyms) and personal physical fitness trainers
- Indoor recreational amenities, including clubhouses at outdoor recreational amenities.
- Tour and guide services.
- Photography studios and services.
- Marinas and boating clubs.
- Additional protective measures, including:
- A maximum limit of 10 people per table at restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishments, meeting and event spaces, and strip clubs. Patrons are required to remain seated.
- Bars and restaurants, meeting and event spaces, and strip clubs are required to close by 11 p.m.; take out and delivery is permitted.
- The sale of alcohol is restricted after 10 p.m. and consumption of alcohol in businesses or settings after 11 p.m.
- Dancing is not allowed except for workers or performers.
- Food and/or drink services is prohibited at sporting events, concert venues, theatres and cinemas, casinos, bingo halls and other gaming establishments, as well as horse racing tracks, car racing tracks and other similar venues.
- Businesses/facilities will need to post a sign stating the capacity limits permitted.
- Informal gatherings limits of 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors.
- The Chief Medical Officer of Health is also updating the personal protective equipment requirements outlined in Directive 5 to provide interim guidance to require N95s for health care workers providing direct care to or interacting with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19.
These measures are in addition to the recent expansion of vaccination efforts, including minimizing the interval between second and third (booster) doses and opening eligibility up to all individuals 18 years or older, effective Monday, December 20, 2021.
Find out more.