Effective September 22, 2021 the province will require people to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status to access certain indoor public high-risk settings where face masks cannot always be worn:
- Restaurants and bars (excluding outdoor patios, as well as delivery and takeout)
- Nightclubs *including outdoor areas of the establishment
- Meeting and event spaces (e.g. banquet halls and conference/convention centres)
- Facilities used for sports and fitness activities and personal fitness training (e.g. gyms, fitness and recreational facilities) * exception granted to youth recreational sport
- Sporting events
- Casinos, bingo halls and gaming establishments
- Concerts, music festivals, theatres and cinemas
- Strip clubs, bathhouses and sex clubs
- Racing venues (e.g. horse racing)
Accommodations will exist for legitimate medical exemptions and for those ineligible to receive a vaccine (younger than 12 years).
Valid proof of vaccination will include paper/PDF copy of one’s vaccination receipt (available via the provincial booking portal or by calling 1-833-943-3900) and a piece of personal ID. On October 22, 2021 an enhanced digital vaccine receipt utilizing QR code technology, will be launched and become acceptable proof as well.
NOTE: This applies to patrons only; not staff. Businesses may benefit from developing a vaccination policy for their staff.
A new app will also be launched on October 22, 2021 to support businesses and organizations in verifying a person’s vaccine receipt/status.
Impacted businesses will need to adopt vaccination verification into their daily operations.
Learn more about how this effects you and your business