Do your in-house trainers have the knowledge and skills they need to effectively deliver training?
This dynamic two-day course covers the principles of adult learning as well as proven techniques for effective training delivery that can be utilized in a classroom setting, supervisory talks with employees, presentations and other face-to-face communications. Content includes a value-added focus on health and safety topics that can be applied within the workplace.
Participants gain the knowledge to build their confidence and competence as they are coached by an expert WSPS facilitator and supported by application of concepts through practical activities and knowledge checks. The course culminates with each participant applying their (new) facilitation skills by preparing and delivering a practice training session, after which they receive constructive feedback for further improvement.
Maximum class size of 12 participants enables an optimal learning experience and adequate time for individual presentations. Included is a comprehensive participant's guide with checklists, sample templates and other resources for utilization back at the workplace.
This course is delivered in a public classroom and/or can also be delivered in an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
Module 1: About Effective Training
- Discuss the basic components of adult learning theory
- Identify three learning styles
- Recognize generational differences for training needs
- Discuss learner centred training
Module 2: Getting Ready
- Identify the elements of a lesson plan
- Create a lesson plan
Module 3: Delivering Effective Training
- Describe the techniques for creating a positive learning environment
- List and describe the qualities of an effective trainer
- Describe effective facilitation skills
- Describe techniques for managing difficult behaviours
- Review and complete the lesson plan for your practice training session
Module 4: Practice Training Session
- Deliver a practice training session incorporating the techniques learned
- Share constructive feedback with other participants
Upon completion, you will be able to
Obtain knowledge of adult learning concepts and facilitation techniques to deliver effective training and presentations.
This course is suitable for new trainers and experienced trainers without formal training in instructional techniques including:
- Managers, supervisors, health & safety professionals and others responsible for delivering in-house training
- Any person desiring to improve their facilitation and communication skills