Learn how to protect workers from machine hazards - still a leading cause of workplace injuries and fatalities - using the new 2016 CSA standard for safeguarding machines.
Machine hazards can result in serious worker injuries and fatalities and significant liabilities for employers. This solution helps customers:
- Reduce the risk of costly losses
- De-mystify the new 2016 edition of CSA Z432 and determine how to conform
- Build staff capacity and knowledge in the areas of assessing risk & selecting safeguarding measures
- Improve consistency of approach to machine hazards when multiple locations are involved
- Demonstrate due diligence
Developed in exclusive partnership with CSA, this one-day, instructor-led course guides participants through the new 2016 edition of CSA Z432 and provides them with the knowledge and experience to recognize machine hazards, assess risk, and select and use the right protective measures.
- Facilitated by a WSPS technical expert qualified in machine safeguarding and with in-depth knowledge of the CSA Z432 standard
- Can be personalized to any sector or workplace including those with multiple locations
- Uses a variety of engaging activities that help reinforce understanding and application of concepts
- Includes new and informative video segments
- Bonus: Each participant receives a hard copy of the new CSA Z432-16 standard - a retail value of $220!
NOW available in virtual classroom training!
This course is delivered either in-person and/or virtually.
Private delivery is available for employees in your workplace, either in-person or virtually. Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about private training options.
Participant requirements for virtual include a webcam (optional), capable hardware, software & internet. Virtual sessions will be delivered using the Adobe Connect platform, supported on all major web browsers, tablets and cell phones.
Please view the Virtual Training FAQ for more details on virtual delivery.
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Describe the hazards and impacts of machine related injuries
- Explain the design and scope of CSA Z432-16
- Explain 10 important definitions from CSA Z432-16
- Explain how the standard helps create a strategy for selecting protective measures, risk analysis and risk reduction
- Explain the important considerations for machine controls and safety control systems
- Explain the clauses relevant to selecting and using guards and protective devices
- Describe the application of clauses 11 to 17 and the annexes to machine safeguarding
This course is suitable for a variety of audiences including:
- Managers and supervisors
- Maintenance and purchasing personnel
- Safety professionals and engineers
- Project managers
- Health and safety committee members.