Are you ready? WHMIS is being transitioned to WHMIS 2015 with deadlines for full compliance by December 1, 2018.* But did you know your workers may require WHMIS 2015 training now? Get in the know and in compliance, too. For more information, go to wsps.ca/WHMIS2015.
Every worker who may be exposed to chemicals in the course of their employment is required by law to receive information and instruction about WHMIS 2015, including pictograms, labels and safety data sheets (SDSs). It is vital for workers to be able to recognize and use this information and instruction to protect their health and safety.
Some employers will prefer to provide in-house WHMIS 2015 training using a ready-made program to comply with the law. This solution is designed for such employers. It equips participants with the knowledge, skills & resources to deliver generic WHMIS 2015 training in-house to workers.** In effect, it authorizes company trainers to do unlimited, in-house, instructor-led WHMIS 2015 worker training and provides them with everything they need to train the first 10 participants - after this, the customer only needs to buy additional print packages from WSPS.
Each TTT participant receives:
- 1 participant guide which serves as the leader's guide during in-house worker training
- 1 additional print package (set of 10 participant guides for workers).
- The full-colour guide includes review exercises, answer keys plus a final quiz and serves as a valuable resource after training
- 1 USB containing:
- A PowerPoint presentation with embedded video clips (Note: You will require the 2010 version of PowerPoint or newer to play the video clips.)
- A record of attendance template
- A certificate of training template
* Federally-regulated employers have until June 1, 2019.
** Generic WHMIS training needs to be supplemented with workplace-specific training that trains workers on the safe use, handling, storage and disposal of the actual hazardous products that the worker may be exposed to.
Prior to taking this course, participants should:
- Be familiar with WHMIS 2015 requirements by completing one of WSPS' WHMIS 2015 worker training solutions below or equivalent:
- Have an understanding of adult learning principles and experience in delivering training to adults.
This course is delivered in a public classroom only.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability.