Disponible en français
Wherever people interact at work there is a potential for violence, regardless of the job. Frontline supervisors, workers and anyone else in the Canadian federal jurisdiction with an interest in workplace safety can take this course to develop an understanding of the nature of workplace violence, the consequences of workplace violence and preventive measures that can be taken.
This course contains information on the recognition and prevention of workplace violence, with many examples relevant to work done in federally-regulated workplaces, plus information on the requirements for the prevention of violence under the Canada Labour Code, Part II.
- Why workplace violence is an important issue
- Defining the scope of workplace violence
- Risk factors of workplace violence
- Preventive measures
- How to reduce the risks
- What to do when involved in an incident of workplace violence
- Legal responsibilities of employers to prevent workplace violence
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Understand why workplace violence is such an important issue
- Understand what workplace violence is
- Identify incidents of workplace violence
- Know if you are at risk for violence because of the work you do, where you work or when you work
- Know what to do if you are involved in or witness a violent situation
- Understand what your employer should do, including legal responsibilities under the Canada Labour Code, Part II
- Managers, supervisors and workers in federally-regulated business and organizations.
If you need to develop and implement a workplace violence prevention program in your organization, see the course, Workplace Violence in the Canadian Federal Jurisdiction - Establish a Prevention Program.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.