Disponible en français
Workplace violence is a serious issue that affects all business sectors and occupations. It can affect the safety and security of every employee and employer. It claims a high personal cost from the emotional trauma and physical injury experienced by the victims, their families and co-workers. It also brings a high cost to employers in terms of public image, increased absenteeism, lost productivity, high employee turnover, and increased insurance/compensation costs.
This course introduces managers, supervisors and employees in the Canadian federal jurisdiction to the key components of an effective workplace violence prevention program. Learners will gain the necessary knowledge and have the right tools to take action to eliminate or minimize the potential for workplace violence, and to establish a program in compliance with the Canada Labour Code, Part II requirements.
- Defining the scope of workplace violence
- Legal obligations
- Workplace violence prevention policy
- Hazard assessment
- Developing preventive measures
- Reporting and investigating
- Emergency response planning
- Victim assistance
- Incident follow-up
- Training and education
- Program review
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Identify the components of a workplace violence prevention policy
- Identify requirements for implementing and maintaining a workplace violence prevention program under the Canada Labour Code, Part II
- Assess your workplace for violence hazards
- Identify violence prevention measures
- Identify incidents of workplace violence
- Know workplace violence response procedures
- Managers, supervisors and workers at federally-regulated business and organizations who are involved in the development or implementation of a workplace violence prevention policy.
The related course Workplace Violence in the Canadian Federal Jurisdiction: Recognize the Risk and Take Action helps frontline supervisors and workers in federally-regulated businesses and organizations develop a clear understanding of what workplace violence is, what preventive measures can be taken and the importance of reporting incidents.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.