Disponible en français
This introductory course on its own may not meet training requirements for working at heights in all jurisdictions. It should be supplemented by further instruction and hands-on training that is specific to the jurisdiction, job, worksite and equipment.
Working at heights is a common activity, but it can pose serious hazards. Falls frequently result in severe injuries or fatalities. Protect your workers by managing the risks of working at heights.
Learn to assess and control hazards related to working at heights, including fall prevention and fall protection.
This introductory course should be supplemented by further instruction and hands-on training that is specific to the job, worksite and equipment.
This course does not cover falls from the same level. Please refer to our Preventing Falls from Slips and Trips course.
- Assessing hazards and safe working practices
- Fall prevention techniques
- Minimizing fall injuries with fall protection measures
- Emergency preparedness
- Safe use of ladders, scaffolds, lifts and platforms
Upon completion of the course you will know how to:
- Identify common hazards related to work at heights
- Describe the preferred order (hierarchy) of preventive measures for work at heights
- Use safe work practices for preventing falls
- Understand common methods of minimizing injury should a fall occur
- Take action to prepare for emergencies related to work at heights
Average time to complete this course is approximately one hour.
This course is recommended for employers, managers, and supervisors, including those who manage contractors. Workers and contractors who perform work at heights, as well as health and safety committee members, will also benefit from taking this course.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.
"Well organized and easy to follow."
7% Agree / Strongly Agree that they would recommend this course to someone else.
CCOHS eLearning Satisfaction Survey Results, April 2015 - May 2016