Disponible en français
Workplace violence is a serious issue that affects all business sectors and occupations.It affects the safety and security of every employee and employer. It claims a high personal cost from the emotional trauma and physical injury experienced by the victims, their family and co-workers. It also brings a high cost to employers in terms of public image, increased absenteeism, lost productivity, high employee turnover, and increased insurance/compensation costs.
Identify requirements for implementing a workplace violence prevention program, including violence hazards assessment, prevention, incidents reporting and response procedures.
This course introduces managers, supervisors and employees to the key components of an effective workplace violence prevention program, providing them with knowledge and tools to take action to eliminate or minimize the potential for workplace violence.
- Defining workplace violence
- Legal obligations
- Workplace violence prevention policy
- Hazard assessment
- Developing preventive measures
- Reporting and investigating
- Emergency response planning
- Victim assistance
- Incident follow-up
- Training and education
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Understand what workplace violence is
- Identify the components of a workplace violence prevention policy
- Identify requirements for implementing and maintaining a workplace violence prevention program
- Assess your workplace for violence hazards
- Identify violence prevention measures
- Identify incidents of workplace violence
- Recognize workplace violence response procedures
Managers, supervisors and workers involved in the development or implementation of a workplace violence prevention policy.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Content for this course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), and reviewed by labour, employer and government representatives to ensure a balanced perspective.
Also available in French.