When an employee is sent off-site, including abroad, for business, that location becomes their workplace. The responsibility for duty of care extends beyond Canada's borders.
This course is designed to highlight issues people may face while travelling, including situations that may involve violence and other criminal activity, while providing a number of practical solutions for increasing the safety of travellers.
Learn about personal safety, how to conduct a travel risk assessment and how to respond to a travel incident.
Participants will be introduced to duty of care requirements, basic threat and risk analysis steps, and the essential components of a travel risk management program. A number of practical solutions to increase safety for travellers and to prepare organizations and managers to deal with a safety incident are also included in the course.
The course is delivered using an interactive e-learning solution. Quizzes throughout help to measure and encourage learning.
- Duty of care requirements and Canadian legislation
- Duty of care and risk analysis
- Organizational and individual preparation
- Dealing with an incident and post-incident support
Upon completion of this course you will be able to
- Identify the requirements and areas where you need to prepare your organization, yourself and other travellers
- Conduct a travel risk assessment
- Learn about personal safety and security measures
- Know what roles the traveller and the organization have during a travel incident
- Understand the basics of incident response, including post-incident response
Average time to complete this course is approximately one hour.
This course is recommended for employees who travel for work or who deal with travellers on a regular basis, supervisors and management.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Le contenu de la formation a été élaboré par le Centre canadien d'hygiène et de sécurité au travail (CCHST) et a été révisé par des représentants des syndicats, des employeurs et du gouvernement afin d’assurer une perspective équilibrée.
Also available in English.