Supervisors play a critical role in health and safety and so much more. Good supervisors help improve productivity, protect employees and reduce risk. They also motivate their teams and create a positive workplace culture - all of which boost profit margins and shareholder returns. In short, a well-trained supervisor is one of the best assets a company has.
With fines for individuals recently quadrupling to $100,000 (up from $25,000), it has never been a better time for supervisors to understand the critical role they play in protecting worker health and safety and the steps they need to take to demonstrate that they've been duly diligent.
This three hour e-course equips supervisors with the necessary knowledge to understand their legal duties, their role as a leader and the concept of due diligence. Supervisors are provided with the knowledge and tools they need to be proactive in protecting worker health and safety and taking the necessary steps to demonstrate due diligence.
- The Foundation of Health and Safety in Ontario
- An Internal Approach to Due Diligence
- Case Study: Due Diligence in the Workplace
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Recall key components of the OH&S Act applicable to exercising due diligence.
- Summarize the duties and responsibilities of a supervisor under the OH&S Act and how to implement in the workplace.
- Give examples of how supervisors can exercise due diligence.
- Create an action plan of steps to demonstrate due diligence in your own workplace.
- Analyze case studies to determine if due diligence was established.
All sectors. Managers and Supervisors
Participants should have knowledge of the OH&S
Act and regulations before taking this course. This knowledge can be obtained by attending the WSPS
instructor led course, Safety, Health and the Law
or WSPS Certification Part One
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.