Disponible en français
This course is designed to help you reduce the chances of becoming involved in an incident while backing up a vehicle. In organizations with a vehicle fleet, incidents that occur when backing up significantly contribute to overall incident numbers.
Learn how to reduce the chances of becoming involved in an incident while backing up a vehicle.
You will learn the seven fundamentals of safe backing, including:
- how to avoid the need to back up
- looking back
- circle check
- how to back up slowly
- using a guide
- avoiding distractions
Developed in collaboration with Thinking Driver, the course includes videos to provide an interactive e-learning solution. Quizzes throughout help to measure and encourage learning. The course takes about one hour to complete.
Upon completion, you will be able to identify
- Strategies to reduce the need to back up
- How and when to complete a circle check
- How to ensure you have a good field of vision to the rear when backing is required
- Safe speeds for backing manoeuvres
- How to use a guide to assist you
- Distractions that can increase risk
- How to practice your skills to improve your ability to back up safely.
This course is recommended for all employees who drive either company or personal vehicles (for company purposes). It is also very suitable for all employees to learn the methods of safe backing for their personal benefit.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.