Workplace injury and illness prevention is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace. However, when an illness or injury occurs, it is important for the employer and the injured worker to focus on getting back to meaningful and productive work as soon as medically possible. This course provides a practical overview of return to work strategies, solutions and program implementation.
Possess the required knowledge as to the what, why and how of a Return to Work Program.
- Cost Effects of workplace injuries and illness
- Return to work - definition, importance and workplace policy
- Key return to work concepts
- Getting Your employee back to work
- Claims management and monitoring
- Factors that influence return to work
- Keys to successful return to work
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Possess the required knowledge as to the what, why and how of a Return to Work Program
- Be able to apply best practices while working with your injured employee, their attending medical professional and other parties involved
- Be able to implement a plan to get your injured worker back to work with mutually satisfying results
- Managers and supervisors
- Human resources representatives/professionals
- Health and safety professionals
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Le contenu de la formation a été élaboré par le Centre canadien d'hygiène et de sécurité au travail (CCHST) et a été révisé par des représentants des syndicats, des employeurs et du gouvernement afin d’assurer une perspective équilibrée.
Also available in English.
"Good Information Presented. Good course."
100% Agreed / Strongly Agreed that the Topic Content Met My Needs and that they would recommend this course to someone else.
CCOHS eLearning Satisfaction Survey Results, April 2015 - May 2016