Disponible en français
This e-course features an improved look and functionality to enrich your learning experience.
As businesses and workplaces across Canada reopen their doors for workers and customers, it's important to understand that the coronavirus will still be circulating so new infections are possible. Returning to the workplace will not be the same as before the COVID-19 pandemic began. This awareness course outlines common steps that can be taken to safely reopen during COVID-19. This course will help you prepare and put controls in place to help protect workers and customers and minimize the impact of the pandemic.
- Coronavirus and how it spreads
- Duties and responsibilities
- Methods of control, including cleaning and disinfecting
- Managing the workplace
- Understanding mental health
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Understand how coronavirus spreads and the symptoms of COVID-19
- Know employer and worker duties in a COVID-19 return to business plan
- Be able to describe the role of hazard identification and risk control
- Know what measures are used to control the virus, including how to safely clean and disinfect surfaces
- Understand how to safely manage the workplace and prepare workers for a return
- Understand the impacts on mental health
Average time to complete this course is approximately 30 minutes.
This course is suitable for employers, supervisors, managers, and workers, and for anyone wanting to learn more about responding to the pandemic and planning for a safer workplace.
WSPS has partnered with Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) to provide high quality Health and Safety e-courses and resources. CCOHS courses were developed by subject specialist, and reviewed by labour and government to ensure content and approach. Please see our e-course catalogue to find out more!
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Content for this course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), and reviewed by labour, employer and government representatives to ensure a balanced perspective.
Also available in French.