Disponible en français
This updated e-course features an improved look and functionality to enrich your learning experience.
Planning for a pandemic is essential. Being informed and prepared will help minimize the impact in our daily lives. This course will help organizations understand the issues that need to be considered during a pandemic, and the importance of being prepared. It emphasizes steps that workplaces can take to plan for employee absences, describes the elements of a business continuity plan, as well as actions that may help slow the spread of the virus and keep employees healthier. This course discusses a pandemic from both a flu and the coronavirus perspective.
This course expands on information in the free introductory Pandemic Awareness course.
The course features case studies, review quizzes, and "Ask a Question". Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- What is a pandemic?
- How viruses spread
- Why prepare?
- Business continuity plans
- Health and safety concerns when working at home
- Staying healthy
- Being prepared at home
- Helping your community
- Finding reliable information
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Know the main characteristics of a pandemic
- Understand how viruses spread
- Be able to establish a business continuity plan to help prepare your workplace
- Know health and safety concerns about working at home
- Know ways to help stay healthy
- Be prepared at home and in your community
- Be able to find reliable information during a pandemic
Average time to complete this course is approximately 1 hour.
- All employees
- Managers and supervisors and those with planning responsibilities
- Anyone wanting to learn about planning for a pandemic
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.