Disponible en français
CCOHS' Office Ergonomics e-learning course provides a practical introduction to Office Ergonomics. The course deals specifically with problems and injuries related to the use of computers and other office equipment.
Learn to assess, control and prevent workplace ergonomic problems and injuries.
The goal of the course is to provide you with the knowledge to help find solutions to ergonomic issues in your workplace.
- Work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSD)
- Ergonomic risks
- Stages of WMSD
- Applying ergonomics to components of the office environment
- The workstation and the worker
- References, quizzes and an exam to test participants' knowledge
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Recognize the early signs of discomfort that can arise while working with office equipment
- Learn the factors responsible for such discomfort
- Participate in assessing, controlling and preventing Ergonomic problems and injuries
- Workers and supervisors, whether experienced or new to modern office work
- Health and safety professionals
- Human resource experts
Prior technical knowledge of health and safety is not a requirement. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.
"I really like this course!"
98% Agreed / Strongly Agreed that they would recommend this course to someone else.
CCOHS eLearning Satisfaction Survey Results, April 2015 - May 2016