Disponible en français
There is growing evidence of the global impact of mental illness. Cutting across age, gender, education and social strata without prejudice, mental disorders are among the most important contributors to the burden of disease and disability worldwide - and we will see continued dramatic increases in mental illness if action is not taken.
A psychologically safe and healthy workplace promotes emotional well-being, and presents minimal risk to employee mental health. By making changes to your workplace environment, and offering support to employees, you can reduce the duration and severity of mental illness, and enhance recovery.
This course will examine best practices in developing a psychologically healthy workplace.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Understand the impact that mental illness has on Canadian workplaces.
- Learn how our experience at work impacts our mental health.
- Understand the promotion of mental well-being at work benefits both employees and employers.
- Learn reasons for a national standard in Canada for psychological health and safety.
- Know best practices for the promotion of mental well-being at work.
Average time to complete this course is approximately one hour.
This course is recommended for employers, employees, managers, and supervisors interested in mental health in the workplace.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.