Disponible en français
People with mental illness successfully work across the full spectrum of workplaces. Some people disclose their mental illness and some do not.
This course will explore communication strategies for both employees and employers/managers/supervisors to have that conversation about mental health issues, with the overall goal to help educate and increase awareness in the workplace.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Understand the prevalence of mental health issues in the workplace
- Know how to help break the stigma regarding mental health issues
- Identify key steps that workplaces can take
- Develop good communication skills, including active listening
- Have confidence when helping co-workers to discuss mental health issues.
Average time to complete this course is approximately one hour.
This course is recommended for employers, employees, managers, and supervisors interested in mental health in the workplace.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.