This course provides a practical introduction to working safety with ladders (step, extension, and fixed ladders). The course focuses on the duties of the employee when using a ladder - inspection before use, proper set up of ladder, and how to work safely while on the ladder. Case studies and other examples are included to illustrate concepts, and the quizzes throughout the course as well as the exam help measure learning.
Learn how to set up and safely use a ladder at work or at home.
This course is intended to increase ladder safety awareness for use at work and at home. It is appropriate for various work environments including manufacturing, municipalities, utilities, and office environments. It may be applicable in construction environments, although construction specific issues such as scaffolding are not covered in this e-course.
- Types of ladders and their uses
- Ladder inspection
- Setting up various types of ladders
- Guidelines for safe ladder use
- Storage and maintenance
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Understand the different uses of ladders made from various materials
- Know how to inspect a ladder
- Know how to select the right ladder (height and material) for the job
- Know how to set up a ladder correctly
- Know how to work safely on a ladder
- Know how to store and maintain a ladder
- Find additional information on ladder safety
- People who use ladders at work (maintenance or light labour personnel), or at home
- Supervisors with responsibilities to train personnel and make purchasing decisions
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.
Content for this course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), and reviewed by labour, employer and government representatives to ensure a balanced perspective.
"Well-presented and easy to understand."
100% Agreed / Strongly Agreed that they would recommend this course to someone else.
CCOHS eLearning Satisfaction Survey Results, April 2015 - May 2016