Disponible en français
When most people think about impairment, the use and effects of alcohol, cannabis, or other drugs likely comes to mind. While these may be the most obvious sources, impairment can be caused by any substance or event that results in a lack of concentration, the inability to do a task, or the inability to make decisions. Examples can include bullying, life stresses, unresolved conflicts, and fatigue.
Because impairment is just like any other hazard that may affect the health and safety of workers, the employer must address impairment from all possible sources as part of their health and safety program. As a worker, it’s important for you to be able to recognize the signs of impairment in yourself and others, and to learn about your organization’s policies and procedures to help make sure that everyone is treated fairly and has a safe place to work.
- Defining impairment
- Effects of alcohol, cannabis, and other drugs
- Other causes of impairment
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Responsibilities and steps to take
- Understanding human rights
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Describe the impact of impairment
- Understand the effects of alcohol, cannabis, and other substances or causes
- Know the importance of having a workplace policy and corresponding procedures about impairment
- Understand the roles of the employer, supervisor, and worker
- Describe the role of human rights in terms of impairment
- This course is suitable for workers in organizations of all sizes, across all industries and occupations.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.