Available in french
Injuries and illnesses occur in offices just as in industrial or other workplace environments, and they can be every bit as painful and costly. This course is a practical introduction to office health and safety for managers and supervisors, who are responsible for providing a safe and healthy workplace for their staff.
Understand your health and safety responsibilities, learn to identify hazards and help resolve issues.
Learn about the potential hazards and health and safety concerns in the office and how to prevent them. The range of topics covered includes ergonomics, stress, lighting, indoor air quality, slips, trips and falls, and WHMIS.
- General office safety including slips, trips and falls, fire evacuation, and WHMIS (chemicals)
- Office ergonomics
- Indoor air quality, lighting, noise, and temperature
- Other workplace issues such as stress, violence, driving, travel, etc.
- Return to work
- Exercising due diligence
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Know and understand their health and safety responsibilities
- Know what occupational health and safety (OHS) legislation applies to them
- Show leadership for health and safety issues
- Be able to identify hazards and help resolve issues
- Be able to show "due diligence"
- Office managers and supervisors
- HR professionals will also find the course helpful
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.