Disponible en français
This popular course provides managers and supervisors with the information they need to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses, and to develop a safety culture in the workplace.
- Safety principles and risk management
- Rights and responsibilities of managers, supervisors and workers
- Hazard recognition and control measures
- Fire prevention and emergency preparedness
- Hazards and control measures for chemical, physical and biological hazards
- Ergonomics - practices to prevent musculoskeletal disorders
- Workplace inspection and accident investigation
- Developing and implementing effective workplace programs
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Find applicable OH&S legislation
- Know your health and safety responsibilities
- Determine ways of meeting your OH&S responsibilities
- Identify hazards and develop safe work practices
- Take leadership in developing and implementing an OH&S program
- Understand consequences of non-compliance
- Exercise due diligence
- Occupational health nurses
- Anyone who wants to understand and improve workplace health and safety
Prior technical knowledge of health and safety is not a requirement. However, familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are authoritative, useful, unbiased and credible.
On line - You will learn at your own pace and in your own environment. The course includes lots of examples, case studies and quizzes to enrich your learning. Each topic has links to Internet resources that you will find useful in your work.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.
"I learnt a lot about the laws of being a supervisor that I was not familiar with before this course. I am grateful that it is available to do at your own leisure and your own facility."
98% Agreed / Strongly Agreed that they would recommend this course to someone else.
CCOHS eLearning Satisfaction Survey Results, April 2015 - May 2016