Available in french
Updated March 2020 to incorporate amendments to the Canada Labour Code, Part II, the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and the Policy Committees, Work Place Committees and Health and Safety Representatives Regulations effective January 2020.
The Canada Labour Code, Part II requires employers to provide health and safety training to members of policy committees, work place committees and health and safety representatives. This e-course can be used as a part of the required training.
The course provides a practical introduction to policy and work place health and safety committees and discusses the roles and responsibilities of representatives and committee members. It offers guidance on how to establish a new committee, effectively resolve health and safety concerns and recommend preventive measures to improve hazard control. The course will help health and safety committee members and representatives bring the "internal responsibility system" into practice and help meet training requirements specified in the Canada Labour Code, Part II.
- Legal requirements
- Roles of representatives and committee members
- Committee structure and effectiveness
- Resolving issues
- Committee’s role in work refusals
- Work place inspections and investigations
Upon completion of this course you will know about
- The purpose and duties of the health and safety representative, the workplace committee and the policy committee
- Responding to work place health and safety concerns or recommendations
- Conducting various types of work place inspections
- Requirements for investigating and reporting on accidents and incidents
- Participating in resolving internal complaints and work refusals
Canada Labour Code, Part II: An Overview
- Health and safety representatives
- Work place and policy health and safety committee members in the Canadian federal jurisdiction
- Human resources personnel, supervisors and managers
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.