Available in french
Learn how to fulfill your duties as a committee member or representative in the practical introduction to workplace health and safety committees, health and safety representatives and policy health and safety committees.
Meet the Canada Labour Code training requirements by knowing your duties as a Health & Safety committee member.
This e-Course will help health and safety committee members and representatives meet training requirements specified in the Canada Labour Code, Part II. Developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
The course also features case studies, review quizzes, and "Ask a Question". Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- Legal requirements
- Roles of committees
- Committee structure
- An effective committee
- Resolving issues
- Committee’s role in work refusals
- Workplace inspections
Upon completion of this course you will know about
- The purpose and duties of the health and safety committee
- Your duties as a committee member
- Responding to workplace health and safety concerns
- Conducting workplace inspections
- Investigating and reporting on accidents and incidents
- Assisting in resolving workplace issues, including work refusals
- Health and safety committee members in the Canadian federal jurisdiction
- Health and safety representatives
- Human resources personnel and managers
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.