Disponible en français
This updated e-course features an improved look and functionality to enrich your learning experience.
Every federally-regulated work place must implement and maintain a hazard prevention program (HPP) according to the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. This course explains in practical terms the requirements of the HPP in the Regulations, section by section. Examples, checklists and tips will help you get the job done.
- Internal responsibility system
- Due diligence
- Implementation plan
- Roles within the HPP
- Hazard identification and assessment
- Preventive measures
- Program evaluation and review
- Reports and records
Upon completion of the course you will know how to
- Develop, implement and manage a hazard prevention program appropriate for your workplace
- Apply the internal responsibility system when implementing a hazard prevention program
- Conduct a gap analysis or audit
- Identify and assess hazards
- Implement preventive measures
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of a hazard prevention program
Average time to complete this course is about 60-75 minutes.
- Managers and supervisors in federally-regulated businesses and organizations, such as:
- Federal government
- Crown corporations
- Interprovincial transportation (trucking, railways, and airlines).
- Human resources and health and safety professionals working in federally-regulated organizations
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.