Disponible en français
A step-by-step explanation of the Federal Hazard Prevention Program. Every federally-regulated workplace must implement and maintain a hazard prevention program (HPP) according to the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
Develop, implement and manage a hazard prevention program appropriate for your workplace.
This course explains the requirements of the HPP in the Regulations section by section in a practical way. Examples, checklists, and tips will help you get the job done. Developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
The course also features case studies, review quizzes, and "Ask a Question". Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- The implementation plan
- Hazard identification and assessment
- Preventative measures
- Education and training
- Program evaluation and review
- Reports and records
Upon completion of the course you will know how to
- Develop, implement and manage a hazard prevention program appropriate for your workplace
- Apply the internal responsibility system (IRS) when implementing a hazard prevention program
- Conduct a gap analysis or audit
- Identify and assess hazards
- Implement preventative measures
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of a hazard prevention program
- Managers and supervisors in federally-regulated businesses and organizations, such as
- Federal government
- Crown corporations
- Interprovincial transportation (trucking, railways, and airlines).
- Human resources and health and safety professionals working in federally-regulated organizations
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.
There are no related products.