Employing contractors to work for you is a common practice today, but are you clear on your responsibilities regarding their health and safety? Owners, employers and contractors, involved in a contract have responsibilities to ensure that the work is done safely and according to the health and safety legislation in their jurisdiction.
Understand the requirements for effective contract management and compliance with workplace health and safety responsibilities.
This course is a basic overview of health and safety issues in contract work. It provides a framework in which owners, employers, and contractors can fulfill their responsibilities and get the work done safely. Although legislation may differ from one jurisdiction to another, the principles introduced in this course can help establish due diligence.
Contractor Health and Safety identifies the elements of a contractor safety program from start to finish. Quizzes, examples and case studies are used to help the learning process.
- Definitions and legal requirements
- Pre-contract activities
- Contract documentation
- Awarding a contract
- Contract management and compliance
- Contract evaluation
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Identify the legal responsibilities of key participants in a contract
- Know what health and safety information should be included in a contract
- Understand the requirements for effective contract management and compliance with workplace health and safety responsibilities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a contract agreement
- Owners and employers
- Managers and supervisors
- Joint Health & Safety Committee members involved in contract development, or in developing a contract health and safety program
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.
Content for this course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), and reviewed by labour, employer and government representatives to ensure a balanced perspective.