Disponible en français
CLC Part II For Managers is designed to help managers and supervisors within federally-regulated establishments understand key health and safety responsibilities as outlined in the Canada Labour Code Part II (CLC Part II).
The CLC Part II defines work place parties and sets out the minimum duties and responsibilities. This course takes that one step further by getting the manager to think about, understand and then act on this knowledge while they are in the work place. The goal of this course is to raise awareness and working knowledge of requirements under the Canada Labour Code Part II (CLC II), Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COHSR), Policy.
Case study and activities throughout the course stimulate engagement and reinforce learning. A "Back on the Job" plan and self-evaluation assists in stimulating knowledge transfer into the workplace. This solution is available in English and French.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Demonstrate how to navigate through the contents of the Code, Regulations, and NJC OHS Directive.
- Explain the principles of the Internal Responsibility System (IRS).
- Describe the general duties and responsibilities of the work place parties, including the responsibilities of managers.
- Describe the manager's role in the Internal Complaint Resolution Process (ICRP) and Refusal to Work Process.
- Indicate required health and safety program elements.
- Explain due diligence and what actions should be taken to demonstrate it in the work place.
- Discuss the manager's role in responding to hazardous occurrence investigations.
This training is designed for Canadian federally regulated businesses and industries, federal government departments, agencies and other workplaces regulated by the Canada Labour Code, Part II.*
Who should attend:
- Workplace parties with authority over other workers.
* Includes employees within companies or sectors that operate across provincial or international borders such as airports, banks, railways, pipelines, radio and television broadcasting and cable systems, telephone and telegraph systems, highway transport, shipping services.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Also available in French.