Disponible en français
Responsible business owners, managers, and supervisors want to know the benefits to be gained when considering any workplace initiative. This awareness-level course will introduce participants to many positive reasons for adopting a proactive approach to health and safety.
Find out the short-term and long-term benefits of health and safety.
- What is Health and Safety? An Overview
- Benefits for Employers and Organizations
- How Employees Benefit
- Developing a Health and Safety Program
Upon completion of the course you will know how to:
- Describe five types of benefits that employers and their organizations can attain by managing health and safety
- Describe both the short-term and long-term benefits of health and safety
- Explain how employees can also benefit
- Understand the costs that can be reduced by managing health & safety
- List the elements of a basic health and safety program
Average time to complete this course is about 30 minutes.
- Managers and supervisors
- Business Owners
- Anyone who wants to learn about the value of organizational health and safety
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Content for this course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), and reviewed by labour, employer and government representatives to ensure a balanced perspective.