Disponible en français
The versatility of asbestos has led to its widespread use in many locations, including workplaces. While the presence of asbestos in newly-installed products has diminished greatly in Canada in recent decades, many older applications remain in homes, buildings and products. Asbestos materials are a potentially serious workplace hazard, and people who inhale asbestos fibres are at risk of developing critical, often fatal, illnesses.
This course equips employers and workers who are not directly involved in asbestos-related industries with the knowledge to recognize, assess and manage asbestos-related risks in the workplace.
This introductory course on its own may not meet asbestos training requirements in all jurisdictions. It should be supplemented by further instruction and training that is specific to the jurisdiction, job, work-site and equipment. Please check your local jurisdiction for exact requirements.
- Asbestos basics and hazards.
- Asbestos uses in the workplace.
- Managing asbestos hazards and taking action.
- Helpful resources.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to
- Explain possible sources of asbestos in your workplace.
- Identify situations that could pose a risk of asbestos exposure.
- Understand how asbestos hazards are assessed.
- Describe common asbestos management practices.
- Determine when external resources may be required to help manage asbestos risks.
- Access legislation and other resource materials on how to manage asbestos in the workplace.
Average time to complete this course is approximately 60 minutes.
- Employers and workers who are not directly involved in asbestos-related industries.
- Health and safety advisors and committee members.
- Building owners.
- Property managers.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company. Also available in French.