Disponible en français
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, or AODA, aims to identify, remove, and prevent barriers for people with disabilities. The AODA became law on June 13, 2005 and applies to all levels of government, nonprofits, and private sector businesses in Ontario that have one or more employees (full-time, part-time, seasonal, or contract).
The AODA includes requirements that all organizations must meet, with deadlines specific to an organization's type and size. The AODA is made up of five parts, or Standards.
This module will introduce you to the information you need to ensure that your organization is compliant with the Act.
- The AODA and Accessible Customer Service Regulation.
- General Requirements.
- Employment Standard.
- Information and Communication Standard.
- Transportation Standard.
- Built Environment Standard.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to
- Explain the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and its key purpose.
- Understand and apply terms and definitions associated with the AODA.
- Outline an organization's obligations under the AODA.
- Identify and define ways to prevent and remove barriers for people with disabilities.
- Describe an organization's responsibilities under the AODA with regard to accessibility policies.
- Accurately address basic questions and issues regarding the AODA.
- Owners and employers in Ontario.
- Human Resources personnel, managers, supervisors.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
During checkout, you can choose to register as a single learner or select a multiple learner license. With a multiple learner license you will act as an administrator and add learners from your company.
Accessibility feature: Compatible with most screen readers and allows for keyboard navigation through the course (WCAG Level AA).
Also available in French.