Pre-order your Pocket Ontario OH&S Act & Regulations 2020 (to be available by end of April)
NOTE: This item is newly revised and not currently in stock. Pre-order now for shipment when available.
This resource published by Carswell contains the complete and current Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OH&S) Act and regulations. It also features a comprehensive index with page references, detailed Table of Contents, and listing of OH&S information resources. This makes it ideal for quick and precise referencing by users.
The consolidated edition is appropriate for use in all Ontario firms and organizations in the industrial, manufacturing, health care and construction sectors, as well as in offices and other institutions covered by the OH&S Act.
- Industrial Establishments Regulation - as of July 1, 2019, several amendments were made to R.R.O., Reg. 851, with respect to the use of alternative procedures, the use of personal flotation devices and the use of antidotes, flushing fluids or washes in the case of eye injuries. Changes were also made in relation to offshore oil and gas installations.
- Control of Exposure to Biological or Chemical Agents and Designated Substance - as of January 1, 2020, Regulations 833 and 490/09 were amended to introduce a new consolidated Medical Surveillance Code for designated substances, a new provision for measuring airborne substances for respiratory protection and a new method for calculating exposures to hazardous substances for irregular work shifts.
- Mines and Mining Plants - as of July 1, 2019, numerous changes were made with respect to mines and mining plants under R.R.O., Reg. 854.
- Temporary Stairs in Construction Projects - as of January 1, 2020, changes were made to clarify requirements for temporary stairs in construction projects under O. Reg. 213/91.
- Working at Heights Training and Construction Projects in Automotive Plants - as of July 1, 2019, O. Regs. 297/13 and 213/91 were amended respectively in relation to working at heights training and construction projects in automotive plants.
- Offshore Oil and Gas - as of July 1, 2019, several amendments were made to R.R.O., Reg. 855 with respect to life jackets and specific electrical equipment on offshore oil and gas installations.
- Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development - the Ontario Government has changed the name of the former Ministry of Labour (MOL) to reflect its expanded mandate.
- Online Certification Training - in mid-2019, the MOL announced that it would permit online training for Joint Health and Safety Certification, Part 1.
- WHMIS 2015 - O. Reg. 3/19, amending R.R.O., Reg. 860, with respect to WHMIS 1988 supplier labels, in force January 21, 2019.
- Asbestos in Construction Projects, Buildings and Repair Operations - O. Reg. 450/19, amending O. Reg. 278/05, with respect to frequency of medical examinations, in force January 1, 2020.
The Commentary has been updated and enhanced for the 2020 Edition, including a revised Regulatory Update and Compliance Section, OH&S Workplace Inspection Initiatives and Reports, Ticketable Offences and Set Fines, Accident/Incident Reporting, Effective Workplace Inspections, Emergency Procedures, Posting Requirements, Due Diligence Checklist, OH&S Organizations and Resources. The Index and the Table of Contents have been updated and revised.
Note: If you still wish to order the 2019 Pocket Ontario OH&S Act & Regulations contact Customer Care at 1-877-494-9777 ext 0.