Review of Part One and Part Two
Certification Refresher Training is a review of JHSC Certification Part One and Part Two Training. Under the current standards that went into effect on March 1, 2016, all JHSC members certified on or after that date need to take refresher training every 3 years in order to maintain certification status. This course includes updates to OHS legislation as well as best practices. It offers content, videos and case studies relevant to JHSC members in all industry sectors. Upon completing this course, certified members of a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) will be able to maintain their status.
Refresher Training Requirements:
- Refresher training must be taken from a CPO-approved trainer.
- Refresher training must include interaction with an instructor.
- Refresher training is required every 3 years to maintain certification status (you can request a one-time exemption).
- Parts One and Two must be completed within 6 months of each other.
- If Part Two is not completed within 6 months of completing Part One, and the participant is not able to obtain a one-time extension, the participant has to take the refresher training or Part One again, prior to taking Part Two.
- Refresher training is one day in length (6.5 hrs).
Choose your training option
Certification Refresher reviews Certification Parts One and Two and is offered in various formats, making learning flexible, convenient and accessible.
- Public Classroom - with locations across Ontario, you receive interactive, instructor-led training that encourages learning and networking.
- On-Site Classroom - our instructors come to your workplace - any shift, including weeknights and weekends - making this an ideal option for group training.
The minimum requirement for JHSC Certification Refresher training is one day (or 6.5 hours). All participants must meet the minimum training requirement to successfully complete the program. If portions of the program are missed, the participant will be required to retake the training.
Register online or call 1 877 494 9777 ext. 0