Just-released results show that strong performance among the 318 firms that successfully completed the 2017 Safety Groups program earned them a collective premium rebate of $6,756,894. WSPS' current members are on track to achieve similar results, so now's the time to sign up for 2019.
"Our results consistently demonstrate that participating businesses can make profound improvements to their safety performance," says Lisa Graham, WSPS' Safety Group Program Lead.
The Safety Group program gives members tools and resources to prevent injuries and strengthen health, safety and organizational performance. Members join a local Safety Group chapter for one year at a time.
How the program works
From a list of safety topics or "elements," each member selects four to initiate or improve on throughout the year. All members also work on a fifth common element. All of the elements are essential components of a health and safety program.
Over the course of the year, members attend up to five chapter meetings per year facilitated by a WSPS consultant. These meetings enable members to network, learn from each other, and obtain firsthand information from experts and guest speakers.
Additional benefits include:
- an on-site visit from a WSPS representative who provides coaching and guidance
- access to a members-only Safety Group website featuring a wealth of resources, tools and templates
- a 10% discount on select WSPS training, products and services
Registering for 2019?
If you're a returning or former member, there are new options for consideration in 2019:
- firms that have completed 5 years in the Safety Group program are no longer required to move into the Safety Group Advantage Program (SGAP). Instead, they can continue in the regular program for 2019 if they choose.
- firms that have completed 1 or more years in the Advantage program may return to the regular program.
- firms that have completed 3 or more years in the regular program can move into the Safety Group Advantage Program if they feel they are ready.
How we can help
Learn more about WSPS' Safety Group program. While on the website, watch a short video and read about other companies' successes with WSPS' Safety Group.
Now's the time to sign up for 2019. The deadline for applications is December 31, 2018.