Health and safety professionals from across Ontario will gather this fall to connect, collaborate, and create at the 2017 Partners in Prevention regional conferences and one-day symposium.
Taking place in Kitchener, Niagara Falls, Ottawa and Thunder Bay, each of these four events is an essential meeting ground for building relationships, accessing resources and uncovering new solutions.
"Our regional conferences are organized by WSPS safety experts and industry volunteers who live and work in the area, so they reflect local issues and feature area experts as speakers," explains Sandi Buscarini, WSPS' program lead, events programming and delivery. Health and safety leaders and industry experts complement celebrated keynote speakers with sessions on mental health, regulatory compliance, noise, contractor safety, leadership, and workplace culture.
From keynote addresses that inspired our thinking to workshops that promote new approaches to achieving bottom line results and growing a positive workplace culture, WSPS' annual fall conference series brings great health and safety education, programming and networking opportunities right to your door step.
This year’s keynote speakers include:
- Tim Caulfield, author, research director and health law lawyer, who will examine the influence of popular culture, debunk common health myths, and provide practical evidence-based information on how to live a healthy lifestyle
- Michael Landsberg, host of TSN's "Off the Record" and a mental health advocate, who will share his own struggles and triumphs with mental illness
- Marnie McBean, Canadian Olympian and author, who will speak about the importance of breaking down big goals into small bite-size, manageable pieces
Be sure to check the regional conference webpage
for full program details in your area.
Three of the four events also include dynamic trade shows featuring new and innovative health and safety products, services and resources - all available locally. "There's no better place to see, touch and learn about the latest technology, to find new ideas, and get answers to any question," says WSPS trade show organizer Kristina Toomey.
"We have many repeat attendees," says Sandi. "They appreciate the opportunity to discover practical solutions for improving health and safety, not to mention productivity."
New to this year's event list is the one-day Occupational Health & Safety Symposium in Sudbury. This day of workshops will address the changing landscape of workplaces. Some of the highlights include opening keynote speaker Kevin Rempel, Paralympics medalist and author, who will share his thoughts on managing change, and a mock coroner's inquest.
Find an event near you
Here are the dates and locations of our four upcoming regional events:
- Eastern Ontario: October 4, Ottawa
- Southwestern Ontario: October 25, Kitchener
- Forum North: November 7-8, Thunder Bay
- Golden Horseshoe: November 16, Niagara Falls, Ontario
Don't wait. Register today to take advantage of our super early bird deadlines.