WSPS' Safety Connection kicks off the fall learning season with 27 sessions across Ontario. These fast-paced 2-hour sessions feature a presentation by a WSPS safety expert or an external speaker, followed by a Q&A and networking time - an ideal opportunity to share experiences and best practices, all at no cost.
"This fall we're offering nine different topics recommended by participants in previous sessions, WSPS field staff in consultation with member firms and our own subject matter experts," explains Simona Mazat, Lead, CEO Programs, Events & Promotions.
Introduced last winter, the unique WSPS Safety Connection program has received many positive reviews from participants. Wendy Dewdney from Sleep Country Canada told us that "This was my first event and I enjoyed networking with others in the industry. The session was very interactive and engaging. The presenter was very knowledgeable about the topic and was able to engage the audience. The discussions were lively and informative."
Jaimie Torok, Ministry of Northern Development and Mines, had a similar response: "The up-to-date and honest information the organization provides on complex health, safety and wellness topics and issues that are of great importance to our communities is much needed."
The session topics vary by region, reflecting the health and safety priorities and challenges particular to those regions. Here's a list of topics that will be in various locations throughout Ontario from September to November:
- Accreditation and OHS Management Systems.
- NEW! Ergonomics: building ergonomic considerations into planning and design processes.
- Falls from Heights: What type of training do you need?.
- Federal - Occupational Health and Safety Training Requirements for Managers.
- Mental Stress - Chronic Mental Stress Policy.
- MOL Hot Topics.
- Occupational Hygiene - Are Noise Screening Apps Right for Your Workplace?.
- NEW! Pedestrian Safety.
- Robotics - The Future of Robot Safety - Where Are We Headed?.
- NEW! WSIB Rate Framework.
Registration is now open for the fall sessions. Check the online WSPS Safety Connection calendar for sessions near you and register today. Space limitations may apply.