Just one new idea can spark change - a comment, a new skill, a story, a presentation, a new perspective, or a new product. Discover insights and inspiration that will activate knowledge and drive change at Partners in Prevention 2015 Health & Safety Conference & Trade Show, taking place April 28-29 in Mississauga.
Canada's largest annual health and safety event - with 60+ sessions and 400+ exhibits - is charged and ready to deliver these moments of discovery to you.
Start with our three keynote speakers, who have each pushed the boundaries of knowledge and imagination. Opening keynote speaker Chris Hadfield will set your expectations sky high. "Good morning, Earth" is how Colonel Chris Hatfield started his daily tweets for the five months he spent aboard the International Space Station. "We need to fire the central flame of curiosity," says Hadfield. His sense of wonder and enthusiasm is an ideal launching pad for delegates.
Join Partners in Prevention's other keynote speakers presenting later in the conference program:
- Dr. Joe MacInnis, a self-described "accidental leader" who studies leadership and teamwork in life-threatening environments. He’ll share insights from his team's 7-mile dive into the Marianas Trench.
- Michael Landsberg, host of TSN's "Off the Record." Brash and witty, the outspoken Landsberg is also a powerful speaker on depression and mental health. He considers his ability to help reduce the stigma of mental illness as his most important professional calling. For his longstanding dedication to promoting mental health awareness, Landsberg will be honoured with the Humanitarian Award at the 2015 Canadian Screen Awards. Hear his personal story at Partners in Prevention.
At the conference
Learning from dramatic real-life experiences is not just the purview of Partners in Prevention's keynote speakers. Consider these conference sessions taking place over the two-day event:
- Anatomy of a Fall: Accident Reconstruction and Lessons Learned
- From Collapse to Rescue: An Insider's View of the Chilean Mine Rescue
- Health & Safety at eBay: A Success Story
- Lac-Mégantic Railway Disaster Fallout
- Lessons Learned from a Lockout Incident: Overview of Changes to CSA Z-460
- Sunrise Propane: Hard Lessons for Everyone.
These are just a sampling of the conference's 60+ sessions. Check out the full listings, as well as professional development workshops taking place on April 26, 27 and 30.
At the trade show
"Bigger and better" may be common event buzzwords, but they stand true for these returning trade show highlights:
- Healthy Living Centre, offering more health testing than ever before. This year, the centre has a special focus on age-related health issues and injuries. Interactive demos, health lectures from industry specialists, and healthy cooking demonstrations bring best practices to life.
- Working at Heights Pavilion, sponsored by Honeywell. This year's pavilion offers greater seating capacity and almost twice the number of sessions, including dramatic hands-on demonstrations of rigging devices. A must-attend opportunity as Ontario's new Working at Heights Training Program Standard comes into effect for construction projects on April 1, and for other sectors in the near future.
- Walk-through colon. The Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada's state-of-the-art 40-foot by 8-foot high, pink inflatable walk-through reproduction of the human colon offers a multimedia educational experience in a fun and informative way.
In addition to these highlights, you'll find 400+ exhibit booths, where you can speak one-on-one with new product and service providers, consultants and other health and safety experts from around the world. Map out in advance where to go and who to see by floor plan, exhibitor name and product and service category. There's even a mobile version.
Partners in Prevention 2015 brings everything together - the issues, trends, insights, challenges, strategies, best practices and of course, all the players. This is the place to find your spark. Act now on the Super Early Bird offer, expiring March 30.
Helping bring Partners in Prevention to you
At Partners in Prevention, our sponsors add value to your experience. By hosting learning opportunities, leading conference sessions, and contributing to many behind-the-scene efforts, they support our mission to put health and safety solutions within reach of every employer and employee in Ontario.
As you walk through the conference and trade show areas, watch for signage that recognizes our Partners in Prevention 2015 Health & Safety Conference & Trade Show corporate sponsors.