Immerse yourself in all that’s new and innovative at WSPS’ Partners in Prevention 2019 Health & Safety Conference & Trade Show
, taking place April 30 - May 1 in Mississauga.
With over 400 exhibits, Canada’s largest annual health and safety trade show offers you access to experts on the inside track. Find out their story, and share yours, by meeting with suppliers face to face, discovering new solutions, getting answers to your questions and growing your professional network.
Like the conference, which features 60+ sessions in seven essential streams, the trade show is full of unique opportunities to learn. Here are five can’t-miss highlights:
1. Innovations Warehouse — new for 2019!
Use a robot to sort chocolates (and keep one for yourself!), step into a self-propelled machine that allows you to load product on shelves safely or ride the WAV Work Assist Vehicle, which eliminates the use of ladders in the workplace. These are just some of the hands-on activities at the new Innovations Warehouse. “It’s a hybrid of both machine robotics and warehousing innovations that’s sure to engage delegates,” says Ruth Vieira, WSPS Events Marketing Lead.
2. High Risk Pavilion, with Commercial Vehicle Safety Check
Inside the Infrastructure Health and Safety Association’s 50-foot virtual learning trailer, you’ll learn about controlling high risk hazards such as electrical work, fall arrest protection and working at heights. Outside, see live demos of working at heights. New this year — watch an OPP officer and MTO representative go through a step-by-step commercial vehicle safety check of the trailers.
3. Escape Room Challenges — PPE Superhero and WHMIS 2015
The safety of a coworker is at stake in both of these Escape Room Challenges. You’ll need to act fast, find clues and solve puzzles to keep them safe.
4. Health and Safety Commitment Wall
Share your commitment to safety. With each pledge, WSPS will make a $1 donation to Threads of Life to support families coping with workplace tragedies and help prevent future tragedies.
5. Healthy Living Pavilion
Self-care and wellness are essential to a healthy work/home life balance. Stop by this Pavilion for yoga demonstrations, free massages and healthy eating tips. A special treat: meet therapy dogs from Therapeutic Paws of Canada and find out how they promote wellness in communities across Canada.
And there’s more!
These trade show events will let you be a kid again:
- Visit the Social Hub — have your photo taken with Bruce the Safety Moose (dressed in superhero attire) and create your own comic book strip, featuring you as the hero.
- Meet the Dark Knight — Brampton Batman— and snap a photo with his replica Batmobile.
- Visit WSPS booth #425 to see a 3D printer in action and build a miniature superhero to take home.
How to make the most of Partners in Prevention
There’s still time to register
- Download the app to plan your Partners in Prevention experience with ease! Use our free mobile app to personalize your conference schedule, find speaker and exhibitor profiles, view interactive maps, get important alerts and more.
- View the conference program and plot your sessions. WSPS has assembled an exceptional line-up of health and safety professionals who will lead sessions on legislation, legal issues, human resources, hazards, mental health and workplace culture, leadership and more.
before the show next week!