Implementing lasting solutions to core hazards, monitoring emerging issues, tracking new technology - these are all essential to doing your job well. Learn how business owners are discovering new ways to improve workplace safety and more in two intensive days at WSPS' Partners in Prevention 2019 Health & Safety Conference & Trade Show, April 30-May 1 in Mississauga.
No matter what your role - business owner, supervisor, HR professional, JHSC member - you’ll hear stories that ignite your imagination and inspire you to explore new opportunities and try new approaches. No other annual health and safety event offers the range of learning, networking and solution sourcing opportunities.
Here’s a sampling of must-attend sessions, drawn from 60+ sessions in 7 streams: human resources, mental health and workplace culture, leadership, legislation and legal issues, JHSCs, hazards and general health and safety. They all share the same goal: presenting insights, opportunities and next steps that will help you do your job more efficiently and help your workplace better protect its people.
- Big Data and Its Future in Safety. What can data tell you and how can you use it more effectively? Find out at this session.
- Cannabis: Six Months In. Join a panel of experts exploring where we are six months after legalization and how workplaces are coping. Learn from one company that harmonized its fit for duty standards across Canada and hear about a CSA impairment standard in the works. Bring your questions.
- Up the Ante on Workplace Mental Health. Niagara Casinos is the Gold winner of a Canada’s Safest Employers’ award for psychological safety and wellness. Follow their tips to achieve similar success in your workplace.
- OH&S Law Update: A Year in Review. Learn how the courts are dealing with such issues as marijuana use, criminalization of workplace safety and workplace harassment.
- Building a Better Joint Health & Safety Committee. Find out how to create a knowledgeable team of individuals with a unified vision that will enrich your JHSC’s contribution to your workplace.
Use the seven session streams to choose sessions that apply directly to your area of expertise. Coming soon, the Partners in Prevention 2019 mobile app will help you easily plan your time in advance. It will allow you to:
- create your own personalized schedule
- access the entire show agenda
- receive alerts on key sessions and updates
- learn about special features
- view the full exhibitors list and use the interactive map to guide you on the trade show floor
Make time for Canada's largest H&S trade show
Come with questions and tap into the expertise of more than 400 exhibitors displaying the latest products, services and innovations. Check out activities and demos at the High Risk Display, Healthy Living Pavilion and participate in an Escape Room Challenge focusing on PPE and WHMIS. You can also participate in fun activities that celebrate your status as a safety superhero!