Specialized Consultant (Ergonomics)
Location: Home office based
Position Openings: 1 (1 Yr Contract)
Reporting to the Consulting Services Manager, the Specialized Consultant (Ergonomics) provides specialty services and solutions to our customers in the regions and works closely with the Specialized Services Lead to provide expertise in the discipline or area of expertise. The Specialized Consultant will work within their team to ensure annual goals and objectives associated with the WSPS Master Plan are accomplished which may include providing general health and safety services to assist with capacity shortfalls, when needed.
The core accountability of the Specialized Consultant is to deliver high quality solutions and services that require subject matter expertise gained through experience and education. With the goal of improving overall health and enhancing productivity, quality and morale in the workplace they will work with the Specialized Services Leads to enhance the quality and consistency of current services and solutions across the province, and ensure WSPS stays current and relevant to workplaces by channeling industry and evidence-based research into new services and solutions.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year.
1. Deliver Services / Solutions to Customers (70%)
- Deliver specialized services to customer that facilitate a reduction and mitigation of risk for workplace injury and illness through the: hazard identification, qualitative and quantitative risk assessment, and recommendations for improving tools, equipment, layout materials, environment, work practices, organizational factors and other processes
- Assess customer needs and works diplomatically within political framework of unionized and non -unionized workplaces. Liaise with various stakeholders (e.g. MLTSD, senior management, supervisors, workers, staff) to assist customers in complying with relevant Occupational Health and Safety legislation, standards and best practices.
- Execute solution delivery to customer as per scope and term outlined in the agreement/contract. In collaboration with Account Management, follow up regularly with customers to ensure ongoing service satisfaction.
- Ensure the successful planning, implementation and delivery of high quality customer solutions through collaboration with Consulting Services Manager, AM/or SAM, and Specialized Services Leads to scope contracts, review customer plans, prepare RFPs, participation in WSPS Document Review process, solution development/review
- Support projects that require specialized knowledge and experience to ensure all elements that support revenue protocols which include: proposal, quoting, risk assessment and contracting
- Collaborate with others to develop and deliver training, workshops and conference presentations to customers in specialty as well as other focus areas
- Support delivery of general health and safety solutions and training
2. Relationship-Building, Marketing and Promotions (10%)
- Nurture, develop and maintain relationships with assigned customers while delivering services
- Promote and represent WSPS as a "brand" ambassador at key events/speaking engagements, trade shows and with committees, institutes and associations
- Assist with acquisition of speakers that provide customers access in the specialized fields and coordinate presentations at conferences and workshops
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to leverage internal resources to provide customer service or solutions
- Act as a contributing member on a WSPS Pillar team and promote collaborative, problem solving, lean way of working.
3. Internal Transition, Support and Administration (20%)
- Maintain report and documentation as required and in accordance to corporate policies
- In collaboration with Account Management, ensure customer information is maintained through entries in CRM and other business systems as required
- Prepare consulting reports in accordance with internal standards, processes, procedures and expertise development plans.
- Complete Quality Assurance/Document Review of consulting reports in accordance with internal standards, processes and procedures
- Function as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) supporting the development of programs, solutions, products and services.
- Provide input to current and future Development plans in collaboration with the Specialized Services Leads.
- Provide instruction, demonstration or coaching support as assigned
- Convey any identified, potential project risks and possible mitigation strategies to the Consulting Services Manager or Senior Consultant as appropriate
- Completion of administrative duties (Expense submission, etc.)
- Support other duties as assigned
4. Contributes to a Healthy and Safe Work Environment (at all times)
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals
- Contributes to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS quality management system approach (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Continuous Improvement Cycle)
- Acts as a role model internally and externally by demonstrating knowledge of health and safety and wellness practices.
Education and Experience:
- 4 year university degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics or equivalent, with specific education and training in ergonomics.
- At least one of Associate Ergonomist (AE), Registered Kinesiologist (R. Kin.), Associate Ergonomics Professional (AEP), Canadian Certified Professional Ergonomist (CCPE) required
- 5-7 years related industry experience applying specialized ergonomics knowledge, skills and experience in the manufacturing, service, and agricultural sectors
- Experience conducting quantitative industrial ergonomics assessments and report writing
- Knowledge of General Health and Safety, including provincial and federal legislation and specialized standards (CSA, NIOSH, etc.)
- Knowledge of Adult learning principles
- Facilitation/Instruction skills in various settings and levels of employees/management
- Ability to work in a team environment/collaboration
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications, Applications, Computer skills Valid Driver's License
- Access to a vehicle that meets minimum MTO safety standards
- Applicants will be required to provide an original criminal background check at their own expense prior to commencing work with WSPS. The criminal record check document must have been issued no more than 30 days prior to first day of employment
- Certified Health and Safety Professional (CRSP) Designation or working toward designation considered an asset
- 7+ years of experience in the specialized field
- 3-5 years of WSPS experience
Deadline for Application: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 @ 4:00 PM EST.
Applications are to be forwarded to Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Complete application will include: Cover letter & Resume referencing the job title and region in the subject line.
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.