Location: Home-based office
Region: Western Region (Residency required in any of these locations: Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge/Guelph/ Stratford/Woodstock)
Position Openings: 1
Reporting to the Consulting Services Manager, the Occupational Hygienist/Consultant is responsible for servicing external and internal customers by providing occupational hygiene and general occupational health & safety consulting services. The Occupational Hygienist/Consultant will also provide in-depth, high quality, specialized, qualitative and quantitative risk assessment for chemical, biological and physical hazards to internal and external customers. The Occupational Hygienist/Consultant works within a team to ensure annual goals and objectives associated with the WSPS market plan are accomplished. The core accountability for the Occupational Hygienist/Consultant is ensuring high quality services are provided to customers, on time and within budget, resulting in high customer satisfaction in the assigned territory.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year.
1. Deliver Solutions to Customers/Conduct Billable Services to Customers (60%)
- Assess client needs and work diplomatically within political framework of unionized and non -unionized workplaces and liaise with various stakeholders (e.g. MOL hygienists, senior management, supervisors, workers, HVAC contractors, equipment rentals and laboratories staff) to assist customers in complying with legislations, standards and best practices.
- Manage projects of various technical complexities and values including hygiene audits and risk assessments from quoting, contracting and submitting final reports with recommendations.
- Market and deliver general and technical health and safety consulting with customers (internal and external) in the area of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment for chemical, biological and physical agents. These service areas include complex programs developed around best practices, CSA standards, and detailed risk modelling.
- Develop and deliver training and workshops to customers in areas such as Health & Safety, Occupational Hygiene, CSA standards, speaking at conferences, etc.
- Search for and recommend speakers in the occupational hygiene field and coordinate presentations at conferences and workshops.
2. Relationship Building (20%)
- Nurtures, develops and maintains relationships with assigned customers while delivering services.
- Promotes WSPS at key events/speaking engagements and trade shows and effectively serves as a "brand" ambassador in the market.
- Meets regularly with Consulting Services Manager, Account Manager or Senior Account Manager to review customer plans and ensure the successful planning, implementation and delivery of seamless high quality customer solutions.
- Follows up regularly with customers to ensure ongoing satisfaction.
- Consults internally with staff, providing current health & safety expertise and advice on all WSPS solution offerings including products, services and programs, as assigned.
3. Internal Transition Support and Administration (20%)
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the development of programs, products and services e.g.: Occupational Hygiene, such as chemical control programs, training programs, checklists, inspection forms and audits, as well as writing articles for publications, dealing with media and reviewing other literature.
- Provide strategic input to the organization in the area of specialty and serving on external technical committees (e.g.: CSA, ISO, CRBOH, BCRSP, OHAO).
- Maintain reports and documentation as required and other administrative duties (CRM entries, etc.).
- Mentor internal customers and provide Professional Development for staff in their area of discipline.
- Maintain professional accreditations by attending conferences, symposiums and relevant courses and/or presenting occupational hygiene at universities.
- Other duties as assigned.
4. Contributes to a Healthy and Safe Work Environment (at all times)
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals.
- Contributes to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS quality management system approach (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Continuous Improvement Cycle).
- Acts as a role model internally and externally by demonstrating knowledge of health and safety and wellness practices.
Education and Experience:
- A university degree in science or engineering with specific education and training in occupational hygiene and environmental health
- 5 years of relevant experience in the field of Occupational Hygiene in industrial, service or agricultural sectors. Able to work independently and in team settings
- CIH, ROH Designation required.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, including legislation and technical standards
- Technical qualifications conducting audits and assessments
- Knowledge of Adult learning principles
- Facilitation/Instruction skills in various settings and levels of employees/management
- Ability to work in a team environment/collaboration
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Computer skills
- Valid Driver's License
- Business level auto insurance coverage
- Access to a vehicle that meets minimum MTO safety standards.
- Maintains a home office in a safe manner
- Post graduate at a Master’s level in the occupational hygiene and environmental health field or Master of Health Science (M.H.Sc), Master of Engineering (M.Eng) or equivalent preferred.
- 10 or more years of occupational hygiene field experience in industrial, service and agricultural sectors with accredited designations in good standing preferred.
- Current Health and Safety (CRSP) Designation considered an asset.
Deadline for Application: Monday, January 20, 2020 @ 4:00 PM (EST).
Applications are to be forwarded to Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume referencing the job title in the subject line.
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.