Health and Safety Consulting Representative
Location: Home-based office
Region: Residency required in Windsor-Chatham region
Position Openings: 1
Reporting to the Consulting Services Manager, the H&S Consulting Representative partners with Consultants, Senior Consultants, Senior Account Managers (SAM), and Account Managers (AM) to deliver training and consulting solutions. The H&S Consulting Representative may also occasionally work on special projects that meet the organizational mission, and objectives.
The H&S Consulting Representative nurtures, develops and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders (customers, system partners, etc.). The H&S Consulting Representative promotes the benefits of implementing health and safety initiatives while actively looking for opportunities to expand WSPS' service offerings to the customer. This role proactively responds to customer information requests promptly and accurately, acting as a resource or gateway for health and safety information and service.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year.
1. Conduct & deliver consulting services to customers (50%)
- Deliver the Essential Elements Program.
- Work with the SAM, AM, SME and customer to establish project timelines and expectations to ensure that contractual agreements are met.
- Support the Excellence program requirements as needed (for example: collaborate with peers in Field operations to lead and execute Excellence program plans, provide feedback regarding customer implementation, prepare and lead meetings, collaborate with Excellence program coordinator).
- Manage customer projects utilizing project management tools.
- Utilize WSPS resource templates and independently research content to create customer specific Occupational Health & Safety Programs including; Essential Elements, Risk Specific Programs, Safe Work Practices and other related resources.
- Manage all aspects of projects from development to delivery to customer.
- Proactively responds to internal customer information requests promptly and accurately, acting as a resource or gateway for information and service.
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of production.
- Provide other health and safety consulting services as assigned.
- Ensure quality and consistency of reports that are provided to customers.
- Keep abreast of current H&S knowledge and best practises related to the sectors and industries we serve.
- Communicate potential new opportunities including new products and services to customers.
- Share responsibility for territory revenue by identifying opportunities for revenue targets (i.e. by attracting and retaining new Excellence program members etc.).
2. Deliver wsps training programs and workshops (40%)
- Facilitate on-site and public training to customers to increase workplace health and safety awareness, using established WSPS training standards and materials.
- Ensure quality and consistency in the delivery of WSPS training programs by following the lesson plan as provided.
- Review training materials in advance of delivery and becomes comfortable with the various facilitated exercises.
- Escalate technical H&S questions to Duty Consultant or Consultant and responds to the customers.
- Draw out and incorporates personal experiences of the participants relative to the training topic.
3. Internal transition, support and administration (10%)
- Work with SAMs, AMs and Consultants to establish project timelines and expectations to ensure that contractual agreements with customers are met.
- Maintain records of all activities using the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system on a regular basis and submits reports as required.
- Utilize internal processes and tools on a regular basis including: Employee Self-Serve System, Microsoft outlook calendar, Business Portal etc.
- Apply time and priority management techniques to address consulting and administrative demands (reports, e-mail, organizational initiatives).
- Respond to internal and external inquiries to meet organizational service standards.
- Maintain home office files, materials, equipment and office environment.
- Ensure proper and secure storage of information and documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
4. Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment (at all times)
- Adhere to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals.
- Contribute to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS Health and Safety Management System (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Continuous Improvement Cycle).
- Act as a role model internally and externally by demonstrating knowledge of health and safety and wellness practices, weighing options for sound risk management decision making.
Skills and Experience:
- Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline from a Community College and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working towards Health & Safety (CRST) designation or equivalent.
- 1-3 years' experience consulting and facilitating training sessions and group work activities in various settings (e.g. industria, service and/or farming sector).
- Ability to relate to varying levels within organizations.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation including technical standards.
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety Excellence program and processes.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline.
- Working towards Health and Safety (CRSP) Designation or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience consulting and facilitating both public and onsite training sessions in various settings (e.g. industrial, service and farming sectors).
- Strong report writing and program development skills.
Deadline for Application: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 @ 4:00 PM (EST).
Applications are to be forwarded to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete application will include: Cover letter and Resume referencing the job title in the subject line.
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.