Health and Safety Consultant - Must be Bilingual (English/French)
Position Openings: 1
Reporting to the Consulting Services Manager, the Consultant role is responsible for providing health & safety services and solutions to customers. The successful candidate will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver services and solutions to provincially and federally regulated organizations. The Consultant works within a team to ensure annual goals and objectives associated with the WSPS Strategic Plan are accomplished. The core accountability for the Consultant is ensuring high quality services are provided to customers, on time and within budget, resulting in high customer satisfaction in the assigned territory.
Note: Percentages refer to approximate % of time spent on each area, over the course of a given year.
1. Deliver solutions to customers/conduct billable services to customers (60%)
- Collaborates with Account Managers (AM) & Senior Account Managers (SAM) to ensure projects are effectively executed, meeting identified customer needs and ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction and retention
- Accountable for the delivery of solutions to customers maintaining quality standards, project timelines and budget
- Stays in constant communication with the AM & SAM to ensure a successful implementation of the project
- Collaborates with the Health and Safety Excellence program Lead to effectively coordinate, promote and manage the assigned safety group chapters
- Promotes the benefits of implementing health and safety initiatives while working at customer sites, actively looking for opportunities to expand the service offering to the customer.
- Develops and implements Hazard Prevention Programs (HPP) in federally regulated workplaces
- Communicates the identified opportunities to AM/SAM for follow-up with the customer
- Utilizes established internal delivery processes to support the customer with the implementation of health and safety solutions based on customer business needs and existing organizational processes and structure
- Provides on-site and public training and facilitation services to customers to increase workplace health and safety awareness, using established WSPS training standards and materials
- Proactively responds to customer information requests promptly and accurately, acting as a resource or gateway for information and service
- Updates customer plans with new customer information on a regular basis
- Internally acts a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as assigned to projects or teams
2. Relationship-building (20%)
- Nurtures, develops and maintains relationships with assigned customers while delivering services
- Promotes WSPS at key events/speaking engagements and trade shows and effectively serves as a "brand" ambassador in the market
- Meets regularly with Consulting Services Manager, AM/or SAM to review customer plans and ensure the successful planning, implementation and delivery of seamless high quality customer solutions
- Follows up regularly with customers to ensure ongoing satisfaction
- Consults internally with staff, providing current health & safety expertise and advice on all WSPS solution offerings including products, services and programs, as assigned
3. Internal transition support and administration (20%)
- Executes delivery of customer solutions as per agreement/contract
- Identifies and flags potential project risks and proactively identifies solutions to mitigate risks; Informs and enlists support from Consulting Services Manager when appropriate
- Leverage internal resources to provide customer service as needed
- Maintains records of all activities on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system on a regular basis and submits reports as required. Utilizes internal processes and tools on a regular basis including: CRM, ESS, Microsoft outlook calendar, Business Portal, etc.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries to meet organizational service standards
- Applies time and priority management techniques to effectively address administrative demands (reports, e-mail, organizational initiatives)
- Maintains home office files, materials, equipment, and office environment
- Ensures the proper and secure storage of information and documentation
- Tracks metrics for assigned accounts (e.g. customer progression, cycle time, customer satisfaction)
- Contributes to promoting a healthy & safe culture and links efforts to the WSPS Manage Systems approach. Is a role model for health & safety
- Adheres to all WSPS policies and procedures
- Keeps abreast of H&S knowledge and best practices related to the sectors and industries we serve. Communicates potential new opportunities including new products and services for customers, to the manager
- Other duties as assigned
4. Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment (at all times)
- Adheres to WSPS policies, procedures, process fact sheets, guidelines and business rules established in the WSPS Quality Management system which ensures the achievement of our quality goals
- Contributes to promoting a healthy and safe culture, and links efforts to the WSPS quality management system approach (Plan, Do, Check, Act, Continuous Improvement Cycle)
- Acts as a role model internally and externally by demonstrating knowledge of health and safety and wellness practises.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline from a Community College and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current Health and Safety (CRSP) Designation or working toward designation
- Bilingual - French & English is a must
- 1 - 2 years related industry experience
- Knowledge in Canada Labour Code Part II is a must
- Previous knowledge working with federally regulated organizations
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Kinesiology, Human Kinetics or a Certificate/Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety with equivalent experience considered an asset
- 3 or more years of related experience considered an asset
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, including legislation and technical standards
- Technical qualifications conducting audits and assessments
- Knowledge of Adult learning principles
- Facilitation/Instruction skills in various settings and levels of employees/management
- Ability to work in a team environment/collaboration
- Excellent oral and written communications skills both in French and English
- Computer skills
- Valid Driver's License
- Access to a vehicle that meets minimum MTO safety standards
- Maintains a home office in a safe manner
- Applicants will be required to provide an original criminal background check at their own expense prior to commencing work with WSPS. The criminal record check document must have been issued no more than 30 days prior to first day of employment.
Deadline for Application: Thursday, March 18, 2021 @ 4:00 PM (EST).
Applications are to be forwarded to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete application will include: Cover letter & Resume referencing the job title & region in the subject line.
WSPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WSPS will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.