Safety Group Information
What is the WSIB Safety Group Program?
- Safety Groups are a performance-based rebate program developed by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
- Offers participating firms the opportunity to receive rebates of up to 6% on their WSIB premiums if they can collectively improve their health and safety performance
- A sponsor leads and coordinates the group
- At the beginning of each year, firms select five elements (health and safety topics) that they think will improve their health and safety performance - they learn how to implement these elements at meetings through sharing of ideas and pooling resources
- The group is eligible for a maximum 6% rebate of group premiums based on achievement and performance.
WSPS is the largest Safety Group provider and one of the longest running sponsors in the province. With our extensive experience and proven track record, by working with us and other member firms participating firms can achieve better results, and qualify for WSIB rebates.
The WSPS Safety Group makes it easier for you to develop and implement health and safety programs. We provide you with everything you need:
- Networking opportunities
- Expert advice on setting goals for improvement
- Informed speakers
- Professional coaching
- Continuous support
- Exclusive access to a resource and networking website
Duration: 1:18 minutes
Tap into the success of the WSPS Safety Group! Benefits to your workplace can include:
- a stronger health and safety program
- fewer accidents and injuries
- lower accident-related costs
- increased quality and productivity
- a culture of health and safety
- 10% discount on selected courses, conferences, workshops and consulting services
To be eligible to participate in the WSPS Safety Group program, a firm must:
- Be a Schedule 1 firm
- Be in good standing with the WSIB
- Be committed to participating for at least one full calendar year
- Have commitment from the owner or senior management to participate in the program
- Not be a member of the Safe Communities Incentive Program (SCIP)
- Participate in only one safety group at a time
If you don't meet any of these requirements but want to be involved with Safety Groups. Associate membership might be right for you.
WSPS Discounts for Safety Group and Associate Member Firms
In addition to all the benefits the Safety Group program offers, WSPS Safety Group and Associate Member firms are also eligible for discounts on WSPS training and consulting.
- Public, client-site training, Partners in Prevention Conference and Trade Show, regional conferences, workshops and the per diem consulting service fee are eligible for a 10% discount.
- Certification Parts One and Two (for any sector) courses, both public and onsite.
- Partnered courses.
- Health and Safety Manuals.
- Rental fees incurred for technical services.
- AODA courses and consulting.
This discount cannot be combined with any other discount or special offer. Please visit our Discounts page to learn more.