A WSPS expert will lead engaging instruction, discussion, and hands-on activities to help workers understand the key components of WHMIS 2015 - pictograms, labels and safety data sheets - and how to use these components to protect their health and safety. Public course delivery will focus on the chemicals most commonly found across industry. If you opt for on-site delivery, you can choose the chemical(s) you want the training to focus on.
This ½ day instructor-led training program is designed to help workers recognize the hazard classification and communication components of WHMIS 2015; understand the critical information provided through these components; and apply that information to protect their health and safety. This generic WHMIS 2015 worker training solution needs to be supplemented with specific training on the safe handling, use, storage and disposal of the actual chemicals within the employee's workplace.
This course is delivered in a public classroom and/or can also be delivered in an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
- WHMIS 2015 & chemical hazards
- Hazard classes and pictograms
- Safety data sheets
- Controlling chemical hazards
- Legal rights & duties
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Describe WHMIS 2015/GHS and why it is important to workers
- Describe the hazards associated with chemicals
- Identify the WHMIS 2015 hazard classes and pictograms
- Identify and apply the information on supplier and workplace labels
- Describe the purpose, content and function of a Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Describe how to control chemical hazards
- Describe legal rights and duties under WHMIS 2015
Any worker who may be exposed to chemicals in the course of his or her employment.