This instructor-led, half-day (four hour) training program is designed to give employees who work with or near hazardous materials general information about WHMIS 1988.
By law, any worker who works with or near a controlled product must receive WHMIS training. In this course, participants will learn where to find information about the controlled products they work with or near and how to apply that information to protect their health and safety.
This course will allow you to meet your legal obligations and minimize risk of non-compliance by providing worker training, thereby preventing or reducing costly incidents, injuries and fatalities. You can demonstrate your due diligence by ensuring workers receive training that can be understood and applied, and build your worker capacity and knowledge in the area of recognizing, assessing and controlling exposure to hazardous materials.
None. Please note that general training on WHMIS 1988 needs to be supplemented with specific instruction regarding the actual hazardous materials, work practices and emergency procedures that exist in your workplace.
This course is only delivered at an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
- Healthy workplace
- Legal requirements
- Hazard classification and symbols
- WHMIS labels
- Other labeling systems
- Material safety data sheets (MSDSs)
- Control measures
- Next steps (GHS).
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Determine legal rights and duties under WHMIS 1988
- Identify workplace hazardous materials using WHMIS 1988 symbols and labels
- Recognize the common dangers/hazards of hazardous materials and their harmful effects, using material safety data sheets (MSDSs)
- Identify controls to prevent or reduce the risk of exposure to hazardous materials, using MSDSs
- Identify the emergency controls measures for hazardous materials exposure, using MSDSs.
This course is ideal for anyone who works with or near hazardous materials and is intended for workplaces in the manufacturing sector.