Tractor Safety - Learning the Basics is a half-day, instructor-led course, where participants will become familiar with the basic components of a tractor, criteria for a pre-operational inspection, rollover, run over, entanglement, hitching, PTO and hydraulic systems hazards and corresponding hazard controls in order to better support safe working habits. The intended audience would typically comprise of tractor operators, supervisors of tractor operators and tractor operators in training.
This is a 1/2 day instructor-led training program.
This course is delivered in a public classroom and/or can also be delivered in an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
Upon completion, you will be able to
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Recall and discuss the applicable safety legislation and statistics that apply to tractors.
- Identify the various tractor components and how to perform a pre-operational inspection.
- Recognize the major tractor hazards that lead to rollovers and run overs and identify their corresponding controls.
- Identify the hazards involved in the process of hitching, attaching PTOs and hydraulic systems.
- Describe the general operating procedures for safely using tractors.
Special Note: The Tractor Safety - Learning the Basics program prepares participants to become more aware of some of hazards and corresponding controls associated with typical tractor operations. This course is not intended to act as a certification program for operators.
- Farming operations
- Tractor operators in training
- Large scale nurseries
- Golf courses and landscapers
- Other operations that use tractors, such as campgrounds, festivals, events, etc.
The program is geared toward tractor operators and those that supervise tractor operations.