This course is comprised of two modules:
Module A - Implementing an MSD Prevention Program
Learn how to navigate through the MSD Prevention Guideline for Ontario and apply some simple techniques and tools (flowcharts, checklists) for recognizing, assessing and controlling your company's MSD hazards.
Find the gaps are in your MSD prevention efforts and the key steps that you can take to implement a successfully MSD prevention program.
Module B - Assessing and Controlling MSD Hazards
Discover how to use various tools to measure and assess the MSD hazards posed by tasks involving lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling, awkward postures and repetition.
Once you've assessed the hazards, explore problem solving techniques for developing practical short-term and long-term solutions. You'll also learn strategies to help you avoid common pitfalls when you implement MSD controls.
This course is delivered in a public classroom and/or can also be delivered in an on-site location.
Please contact Customer Care at 905-614-1400 or 1-877-494-WSPS (9777) for more information about availability and on-site pricing.
- MSD hazards and terms
- prevention steps and guidelines
- hazard recognition
- simple assessments
- controls status check.
Upon completion, you will be able to
- Use the MSD prevention framework to implement an MSD prevention program
- Be familiar with various resources within the MSD Prevention Resource Manual and WSPS's Ergonomic Tool Kit
- Identify potential priorities/next-steps for your company regarding MSD prevention.
This program will be of interest to:
- Workplace parties with limited or no knowledge about MSD prevention
- Companies that are just starting to work on their MSD prevention policies / programs
- Managers and supervisors (e.g. health and safety, plant)
- Health and safety committees
- Human resources and safety professionals.